Thread: Vegas Trip
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Vegas Trip

Hey everyone, not sure if this belongs here but I saw some trip questions so i figured it would be alright.

Anyways, I'm looking to take my first trip to vegas in october and am really looking forward to it. I had a few questions for those of you who have been there.

1) Should I book hotel+flight package? I am traveling with a friend and was looking at a 2 week stay. The price came out to about 1700 a piece w/ flight(500$) for the hotel at mandalay bay, suite room(14 nights). Is this a good deal or can I find a better hotel/rate?*Should include, 1 room, 14 nights (C$184.38 avg/night) C$2,581.33/2= 1200$ each

2) I'm a 2/4 online player, so I was wondering how many buyins would be sufficient? My main point of going is not to grind poker but moreover to have a good time, but I still want to log lots of hours of poker because I hear there are a lot of soft games. Are buyins usually maxed(100 bb) or are they uncapped? What would be a decent bankroll to bring if I'm looking to play 8-10 days/6 hrs a day, assuming I'm a winning player?

3) What are the prices like at clubs? I've seen some pretty high end stuff, rain/ghost bar/pure/tao, are these places impossible to get into w/o connections?

4) How much $ would you suggest to bring if I'm looking to have a good vegas experience(not including poker BR) for 14 days?

5)Finally, is it worth it to stay in vegas for 14 days or should I cut my trip short?

Thanks for your suggestions