View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: 4 hands from an opponent, followed by a river decision...

[ QUOTE ]
Can you elaborate on the screwplay in the first hand? It is my opinion after a year of 5/10 that it's not a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think once he calls the flop he's generally folding the turn a fair amount, but if he checks behind I'll get an extra bet from pairs frequently and the vast majority of the time people don't fold to checkraises in these games anyway. I don't know what in your experience would lead you to believe that screwplaying the turn here is bad at all. Saying that "after a year of 5/10 it's not a good play" generally leads me to believe that you're probably not paying enough attention in the games that you're in to your opponents and their specific tendencies, FWIW. This particular hand occurred a while into our playing together (about 45 minutes) and I felt fairly comfortable that it was the best play to get bets out of him as he'd call down with Ax on the turn, not raise, and he'd bluff that card a fair portion of the time. He also seemed inclined, had he not raised the flop with 66 (I'm almost sure he would have), to call down anyway. He didn't seem to be the sort to check behind pairs very often.

Rob