View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: cbloom\'s log - Rippetoe & Frozen Shoulder

[ QUOTE ]

I've been itching to get a high rep week or two in, just to give myself a break from heavy [censored], and to also be able to practice movements more. I feel like since I'm so injury prone it would be a good chance to let my connective tissue catch up to my muscles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it felt really good. Obviously high reps is not the way to go for hypertrophy, but it feels like it's making the joints more used to the motion and flushing blood through the muscles and just making the body more able to do the moves. I think it's worthwhile to take a break and do that once in a while.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, how's your shoulder? What's still wrong with it? If you're able to do OHS and military presses, it would seem like it's pretty healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the OHS is a new thing and it's a very exciting milestone for me. I'm only doing dumbbell military presses, which is easier on the shoulder than barbell. I still have scar tissue around the scapula and the glenohumeral joint, as well as atrophy of stabilizer and scapular muscles.

It's easy to detect because there are still just weird little moves that are so so hard for me. One move is rotating my arms up from my sides to overhead - on my left it's a piece of cake, but on my right it's still so so hard, like 5 reps and I'm exhausted.

For a while there I was worried it was never going to get back to 100% function at all, but now I feel like with a few more months of hard work it will be as good as ever, so that's really positive.