View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 01:05 PM

Default Re: (2/4) Stealing with JTs

[ QUOTE ]

You have J-high, with two spades, at the pot is small, and the flop is 652 with two hearts? why are we raising this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you get the free card its a great way to spend 1sb if your outs are clean instead of calling, 6 outs with two cards to come is ~3 to 1.
A good question is why we aren't raising donk bets on the flop from a newcomer, you can't say that BB doesn't have 74, 78 the way it played. A better question is how often you would expect to get a free card.

[ QUOTE ]

Even if he's on a draw, he is probably ahead of JT with high card alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, an understandable worry would be something like Kh2h which is going nowhere, but again I would argue the range of holdings if he is currently ahead will tend to give free cards and presto you're at 3 to 1 +EV. Not to mention things are great if he has 78/74.
[ QUOTE ]

I hate flop donks, but man, fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have trouble not raising donk bets on the flop and for good reason, I've received enough free cards not to mention stealing the pot on the turn against a more familiar opponent. If a broadway card comes on the turn and you continue you aggression it makes it difficult for them to continue. That's the spot I like my opponents. I don't like opening up the avenue to newbs that I will fold to donk bets, which is debatable because really you want flop donks from your opponents.
There is a problem with a 3bet, but really what hand is a 3bet that should have been checkraised instead? Or in fact, what hand is a 3bet that should have waited to the turn to either donk or cr?

[ QUOTE ]

If you make it to the turn, pretty please, raise the turn. If you are going to call with no pair, no draw, please raise when you hit.

He won't call two bets on the river with a flush draw, he will with a pair or a flush draw on the turn.

PF is a raise 100% of the time for me. I haven't folded JTs in a 6 max game in an unraised pot in my life

[/ QUOTE ]
Well said