Thread: 40/80 QQ hand
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: 40/80 QQ hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I think there would be merit in that.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

don't think i've ever disagreed w/ a DD strategy post but I don't like a free sd raise here. You're stopping him from bluffing the river and risking a bluff 3bet with say nut flush draw A9

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure DD was referring to checking the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I meant the turn. I am generally against most FSDRs for good reasons, but this seems like one of the best places. Live players don't follow through on the river as often as online donk bluffers do, so there is a decent chance he just check/folds his flush draw on the river (because what the heck did we call him with on the turn). On the other hand, we do risk the bluff 3 bet but I again think this is a very rare play to see in a 40 live game. Another downside is we don't fold out any better hands, which sometimes helps a decision for a FSDR if there is a chance to successfully bluff some part of their range. I definitely don't think its crystal clear one way or the other, just that there is merit in considering FSDRing here, as many of the variables seem ideal.

Also given PJ's probable image I think this play improves in value because his turn raise is really strong and I don't think he'll get screwed with by a bluff 3 bet as often as some (me) would.

-DeathDonkey