View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: 50NL: Interesting hand SSNL may appreciate

I feel like you guys are all quoting from a textbook to problem #42 in an econ texbook. Yes, I know, poker is about maximizing EV and minimizing losses, and that's econ and math, but are you sure that 3-betting PF and the flop is best in this particular case:

Is there not something to be said for hiding hand strength in position v. a potential LAG PF with KAo? Or that not RRing on the flop is a reasonable alternative when it's VERY possible I'm facing an CRAI with KdK, KdJ, KdQ, AxJd, or all WB hands (sets) that I'd play against him one street at a time rather than make my decision "I'm either up 55/45 or I'm super behind, I dunno?" And I have NO FE against KdJ and AQ, anyone who plays NL50 knows this. So, why have him get it in with 2 cards here or fold a worse hand that he may try to bluff on the river?

Having said that, I think my biggest mistake was not betting more on the turn. But, I'd love to hear a better explanation than just "maximize EV when you have AK, because that's what we do." Different boards, different players.

Barry