View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: notebook problem

Right Chill .. I thought about this.

It seems like you didn't do anything to your harddrive - otherwise the computer would boot and show a harddrive failure. So you must have done something else.

I assume that you are 100% sure that you didn't just turn the LCD off by pressing Fn+some F key.

i tried the fn buttons afterwars and my second screen doesnt react too so i dont think thats the problem

Here are some thoughts - scenarios:

Number one:
I know that Asus has a windows recovery partition which can be activated by pressing F10 on the Asus boot screen. You could have accidently hit this BUT then you would have gotten some menu where you had to choose whether to recover or not. You did not describe this so I assume this is not the case. Also this would not explain why the computer won't even start up.

Number 2:
You could have pressed F2 (or something else) and somehow gotten into the bios. The bios doesn't normally have a section where you can delete anything. Again you would also have been greeted by a menu. Not likely

Number 3:
You hit a button that makes the computer boot from another drive cd/usb/something that you had connected. This drive would have to have had some kind of boot sector and started some update process - are you sure the cd in the drive was harmless?

yes 100% sure it was a hp deskjet driver cd
Number 4:
Something about this doesn't make sense. There is normally no hidden button on a computer that destroys it. Are you sure that you didn't try to update your bios, crack the sw on the graphics card or make your dvd drive region free? You must have booted something.

i didnt try to update the bios and not trying to crack something

Otherwise I don't really know what you did ..

if i listen to the sound it seems like the computer reboots from time to time but it seems to stop before windows starts

Any other info you can give will help me determine the problem better.

[/ QUOTE ]