View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Results for the results-oriented

I didn't comment on 5th because I don't know much about stud/8. Actually, analysis on 6th can be done almost entirely without knowledge of the game in question except for answering "how often will my improved hand win"

If you fear one opponent has a straight, and the other has kings up, I think it's an easy call because you're getting the right odds to chase a full house/quads, even calling 2 bets on 6th. If you think one opponent has KKK then it's a lot closer because not only are you beat now, then 1/4 of the time that you improve to a FH he improves to a better one.

If you had time probably you'd want to create a little tree of possibilities and estimate the equity of each branch, etc, but who can do that in real time?

Regarding the tilt issue, certainly something like this might make me tilt a bit. But so would losing a bajillion dollars if I called it down and lost to exactly what I feared when I was calling. Given how many bets I think would have gone into this if you called on 6th, I think it's actually pretty close as to whether calling and being wrong is worse than folding and being wrong.

I might actually mutter "I guess queens up isn't going to win this hand" or something as I folded. It's a thing Mike Caro mentioned in one of his books, like folding on the river with 2 pair and claiming that you missed your flush draw AGAIN