View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Results for the results-oriented

I probably don't post this if I was shown a full house and a 64. 444 scooped my pot. Other guy had KK66. I said nothing, and I don't think I let on that I had laid down QQQ to these monkeys.

On fifth, I thought that it was highly likely that I had the best hand, and that 432 could be raising on the come or just because he likes splashing around. When the Kings came out betting on sixth, I revised my read. The bettor is a bad player, but he's not completely clueless. He's looking at a four-card straight and a guy who probably has three Queens, and he comes out betting. There's a decent chance he's full--Sixes full, Kings full, Nines full, who knows? Meanwhile, the other guy can certainly have a straight or make one on the river (I believe that Fives were completely live). It's costing me a minimum of $180 to see this through, and I'm probably playing for half of the pot. I'm wasn't terribly surprised by the results, and while something like this might set me off, it didn't in this case for some reason. Maybe I'm maturing.

Yeah, right.

Did no one comment on fifth because not raising into 432 is super-standard?