View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: 5CD - Break up the House...

It is definately mathematically the correct move to break up the house if you have position and know ppl are drawing 3, you will win more in the long run. I never do it out of position, and never ever against ppl who draw 1. I will never do it with low trips, or trips lower than the pair I put someone on. I pat bluff so much(and represent the pat bluff w AAxx)that it isnt even much +EV for me, but If I am playing more conservative because of the table it becomes more worth it.

If you knew you needed quads you would fold, and you would never know you needed quads.

It basically never applies to quads, drawing 2 doesnt get you any more action, usually it gets you less. Although I can imagine it being a possibility against a few players, its not something I would do. I mean you would very much like someone to hit a FH or flush or something and cap w you post draw. I know its 99 to 1 or something on a draw 3, but they will hit trips and put you on a set(draw 1) or high 2 pair, not a flush/str8 draw generally. So I just dont see the advantage of it.