View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: .50/1 weird flop donkbet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think folding the flop is OK, and maybe the best play against an unknown, but with even a slight read that villain is fishy and not a nut-peddler this is a push.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree unless you have a huge read and even then folding might be better. putting in 120bb with just an overpair with no draws are generally just stupid. if you have a read that he is some huge donk you can get in your money in much better shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I am thinking about this hand again I did have a pretty strong read on the villain here and an intuition my KK was good. Obviously regularly getting your stack in with naked overpairs in Omaha will kill you, making this an unusual spot, but a weaker villain leading into you heads up for around half the pot almost never seems like it is a set. If he has a set here, it is a pretty tricky and good play if he puts me on an overpair, since even if he sucks he should know I will frequently c-bet. I read his bet here as a 'weak-lead, lets see if I am good line' and not a 'I hit that [censored], now lets see if we can induce a push from an overpair by representing a weak-lead.'