View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: .50/1 weird flop donkbet

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not criticizing the play, but your statement, "The value in the push then becomes protecting our hand from him outdrawing us to two pair on the the turn." is incorrect because he can have draws which are going to call, and he could also bluff you out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The previous hand against him made me thing that he would usually fold a lone jack, which is what he has here much of the time, but call if he happens to have anything better than that, or a draw which would make it a coinflip or worse for me, such as a hand like 456x. When I made that comment, I meant I am rarerly getting him to put his money in badly here, but the pot is big enough that the value I get from the combination of the times he folds and the times we are flipping outweigh the the times he flopped the joint and I get reamed.

If we smooth call the flop what turn cards would he be able to bluff us of on? An ace, or a 7 perhaps. But even on these cards I would be inclined to call, since we really cant be sure where we are once we just call the flop. I was also advocating a push for the reason that just calling the flop is bad because it leaves us with a messy a turn decision and allows him to improve to a disguised hand and put the rest of the money in as a favorite.