View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 12:20 AM

Default the real solution to US regs

doubt this will get a lot of responses, as it is pretty much an opinion. however, anyone wanting to add reasoning, support, dissent....feel free.

the problem with this whole situation lies in the hands of the poker sites themselves. why cut bait and run like cowards? if the money was worth fighting for, where are they?

the minute US regs pass congress, party runs. cowards. and, as a result, others follow. wussy cowards.

the minute 2 guys get arrested, neteller closes shop. cowards. and several others follow. wussy cowards.

i know that they are bitter competitors, but if they banded together to fight back, instead of just try to find money elsewhere (where they continue to fight each other over a smaller piece of the pie), wouldnt it make more sense to band together, pool resources, and fight for their stake in the biggest cash game in the world...american disposable income? most of us in the US are foolish enough to rack up huge amounts of debt on CCs, never save a dime for tomorrow, and gorge our out-of-shape bodies with more instant gratification than we can handle. how is a US poker player's wallet not worth fighting over?

after all, banding together seems to be working for the oil companies and drug companies. and, to my knowledge, they are still competing against one another, right?

seems to me that its the POKER SITES that are after the instant gratification. and it's the POKER SITES that have their heads in the sand. and it's the POKER SITES who should be focused on the "long term."

not us.