View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: TT w/ PF raisers on a mostly harmless board

[ QUOTE ]
I really think betting the turn is bad.

What do you "bet turn" guys think MP2 has after he calls hero's 3-bet on the flop..? AK, AQ? People call with overs here?

IMO you played the hand fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a 'bet turn' guy. When MP2 calls the flop 3-bet, I think his range is a lot more of big UI overs rather than a big pocket pair. He's not completely passive, so he might be capping the flop with them, especially AA/KK, rather than fearing a set already. It is .5/1, and I see people riding AK to the river since, I don't know, it's a big hand and they hate to fold it since they have a live draw to top pair.

In this spot, I wouldn't expect someone to call the flop with say KK with the intention of popping a non-club turn. So I think they don't have a big pair or are scared with it. If we check to them, I think there is a chance they will bet that pair for value, but won't bet AK if they have that. I really don't think we are getting raised on this turn unless they specifically hold JJ or 77. So if one bet might be going in when we are behind but never going in if we're ahead by checking, I'd rather bet ourselves and put one bet in all the time, even moreso since we may have some FE against big cards, which if they fold, would be a good thing.

Since Hero didn't bet the turn, I see no reason to donk the river though.