View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Defense against the squeeze play...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm assuming this is bay 101. if u are asian, you can hear people pretty blatantly talking about colluding in this game and the bigger games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because being Asian means you of course speak and understand some kind of Universal Asian Language?

Can you be more specific about what type of collusion is being discussed (or do you not speak UAL)?

[/ QUOTE ]

right after i graduated i played mid limits in the bay area for like 6 months and got to know some players sort of well and others better. i'm young, don't look like a narc, and get along pretty well w/ most kinds of people so sometimes, an older guy would tell me to avoid a certain team or a certain player or to be aware of who was chimp dumping during tournaments. that kind of thing. one dealer i knew's boyfriend would openly talk to me about working w/ people in the 40-80 at bay 101. i have other similar stories but no i don't think i'll get into more specifics than that.

it's not just that i'm asian and some of the teams colluding are as well. I suppose it's that i was around a lot of different people and they let things slip b/c i speak a little mandarin and broken cantonese and never repeat anything to anybody.