View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: mid stakes LHE at the wynn?

[ QUOTE ]
The two times I've played in the Wynn 15/30, Friday night during last years WSOP and about 6 months prior(also a weekend night) the game was like 9 TAG's and 1 moderately loose player. I've never thought I needed to leave a 15 game in the Bay Area b/c it was too tough but I left both Wynn games after 45 minutes, it was that bad. YMMV

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played the Wynn 15 about 5 times since August and the Bellagio 15 about 15 times in that span. Each time the Bellagio game featured 2-3 other TAG's, 3-4 weak tighties who were pretty bad, and 2-4 way to loose horrible players. The Wynn game typically featured 4-5 TAG's, 3-4 guys bordering on TAG, and 1-2 bad loose players. Not all that fun.

The Mirage game varies, but just because its tight does not mean it is bad. Frankly, I've clobbered it before by stealing blinds 3 times a round all night long. I'll take a game that irrationally tight any time. Also, its an easy game to tilt which turns some of the regulars into complete lagtards. But sometimes its not worth playing too.