View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: 87s turn move vs 2+2er and tilting LAG

Efficacy, Not 3betting the flop is a large mistake. In a pot this size you cannot let the tag draw profitably against you with his overcards.

We all make errors in judgement when playing poker cuz we cant see our opponents cards. We do the best we can with the imperfect informaion we have. But one thing we should all not tolerate in our games is what I call fundamental errors. Through study and hardwork, we should be able to eradicate ourselves from all these type of errors. Not 3betting the flop in this particular situation is a perfect example of a fundamental error.

About the turn: This pot is very large. We all know that the SB has a better hand than you. Despite the action, there also appears to be a decent chance that we have the CO beat. Given that we have to call the turn, I know this much, if there is ever a time to raise the turn to try to force an overpair out, this is it.

I personally wouldve raised the turn and went for it. Im not expecting the SB to fold very often, but he doesnt have to fold often for this play to be a total coup. Given the large pot size, I think the rewards outweigh the risks of this play. Can I prove this? Absolutely not. But I know one thing, I wouldnt need to speculate afterwards on whether the SB would fold an overpair here or not becuz I would put him to the test and find out the old fashioned way.