View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: KK...a thought process in the heat of battle.

[ QUOTE ]
In the passive live games i play in, I would be dead certain that a turn 3-bet from UTG (or anyone else) means my kings are nowhere near good. Is this weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against many or most opponents in my game, I would agree, but there also are some agresso-maniacs that way overplay big pocket pairs. Many of these are young, very inexperienced players or players with NL home game experience. They frequently seem to go after players who they have seen lay down hands after raising or reraising preflop or on the flop. They are especially likely to do this on a flop that AK misses. They figure you are on AK and if they just keep raising you will give up. I have almost folded several times, only to be surprised by winning the pot.

I suspect the players in Kit’s 5/10 game are more experienced than that.

The other question is, if you raise the flop, UTG 3 bets, and you cap the flop. Then UTG still leads into you on the turn, how much less certain are you that you are beat here? Do you think you can fold when UTG leads into on a apparently blank turn card after you capped the flop? If you can fold here, it only costs 2 BB.