View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: 25NL range query

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I would say the exact opposite. I like a 3-bet OOP 1st as a squeeze and secondly to give us an idea of where we stand post-flop. I'm going to have a lot easier time laying this down later on if my 3-bet gets called and it's an extremely wet flop. I'm also going to be able to get away from this hand if I get 4-bet pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. AQo oop does not play all that good. IP it's a fair bit better. I sometimes I 3Bet ip as well here with one caller, but oop I'm doing it way more regularly. I'm going to go one step ahead and say folding is better than clling in this spots.
And against a player with his stats it's more a 3bet than a fold to me.

At this case: I bet the flop here. Villain is going to check more often 3way than HU, so I don't want to give the opportunity of a freecard.
On the river I'm kind of upset. His line bets look weak. But so is our line. Hard to figure out but I think a competen villain would bet a tad more with QQ/TT unless he might have a read on you that says that you are attacking weakness frequently.
But on the other hand he is still firing 3 barrels, which is super strong. Argh spot, but in the heat of the night i'm prolly going to call. And prolly berate myself afterwards.
I also thought about blocking this river to prevent him from bluffing and to prevent a spot like this, but that would prolly require a read that he is able/likely to 3barrrel worse.
I know, much "prollys" but I'm def unsure.