View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Ask Misfire anything about the LSAT/Law School Admissions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What did you actually score?... What schools are you looking at?... what kind of law do you want to practice?

[/ QUOTE ]

173 on the actual test (before I really learned how to take it). I'm considering waiting another year before going to school, so I may just take it again.

In at NYU, Northwestern, Berkeley, VA, Duke, Texas, Vandy, Notre Dame, USC, Baylor, and Tulsa (lol). On hold at Harvard, Penn, and Columbia. Waiting on Yale, Stanford (my top choice), Michigan, Chicago, and GMU.

At this point, I'm leaning toward IP law (copyright and fair use), maybe entertainment law. My undergrad degree is in music business, so it fits. I'm gonna wait until after 1L to decide for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, unless you really really really want to go to stanford (and believe me, I know how that feels, it was my ED for Undergrad) I would easily go to one of the schools you got in. Theres really no difference between 1-10, except for geographical location. If you wanna be in CA, USC/Berkely would be fine. Everyone learns the same stuff at every law school, especialy the first half of law school. The difference between 1-10 is less than penis waving ability. Pretty much all those people get offered teh same jobs, for you the interview/work experiance (and I think you're vastly ahead of most of your peers in work experiance, from your posts) will be the deciding factors. If a harvard guy and a Berkely guy get interviewed at the same place, I really doubt the harvard guy has any real edge, and I think your work experiance would far outweigh.