View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Dealing with a loss (stillbirth)

p,

I can't relate directly, but unfortunately I have had a couple of friends w/ similar experiences. All I can say is that you and especially your wife will need more support and strength than you can realize even now, and for longer than you might imagine. It sounds like you have a good support system around you, but don't think there's anything wrong about feeling like you do right now for quite some time longer. Six weeks is nothing here and getting anywhere close to "normal" can and should take a long time.

A friend's baby had many complications during childbirth and due to various periods of lack of oxygen ended up with severe brain and organ damage. I can only look to them for thoughts on what to suggest to you. Talking to them, they say the best thing that they have been able to do is, as painful as the ordeal has been and will continue to be, is to share their experiences and fears and doubts and worries and regrets with their friends and family. As much as part of you might want to, there's no way to lock soemthing like this away, but it's also incredibly hard to share.

I wish you the best of luck in moving forward with your lives as best you can.