View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: assassin\'s Creed

[ QUOTE ]
ive wondered if gamespot gave them a 9 because they had an assassin's creed skin on the site for weeks, and hyped the hell out of it forever. Obv they got a lot of money from them and it might not be PC for them to give out a 7 middling rating. The review someone posted was enough to get me to back out for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the gamespot review was definitely fudged. He makes the game seem beyond flawless. But now he's already backpedaling and covering himself in his most recent blog on the site:

[ QUOTE ]

I believe in Assassin's Creed. I had only seen bits and pieces of it prior to release, and I hadn't really been anticipating it in light of the other games out this month. I was surprised, and like any game, it has its flaws--but I think you miss the forest for the trees by dwelling on them. But as with any product you buy, know what you can, and how it will fit with your tastes. We think Assassin's Creed is a must-play game, and all I can do is hope that you are as immensely entertained as I was.

As it is, a lot of people take reviews very seriously. Obviously, so do I, or I wouldn't do this for a living. We all have strong feelings about the games we love, and the games we hate, and the games that disappoint us. Editorial journalists are in a very unique position, because people come to us to find out whether they should play a game, or see a movie, or read a book. I can't pretend to know you, or dictate taste to you. We've all loved games that got critically pounded, and hated games that got great reviews. I could talk for hours about Impossible Creatures, a game I adored, and no one else seemed to care about, or about games that everyone loves and I never was able to get into. But know when you read any review, on GS or elsewhere, that we believe in it and trust in it. We bring knowledge and experience and a sincere joy and love of games, and of writing about them

[/ QUOTE ]

"It may suck, but I really did think it was the best game evar, honest!! Leave me alone! It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!!"