View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: sammy farha wins 700k on hsp?

The best description of a poker hand ever?

Google translation

20h00. With me to play. I have a place in a “normal” part of No Limit, with the tariff already more than sizeable. Blinds 5-10$, cellar with 1000$ maximum. 10 players. I sit down with the head office N°5 and on the first blow, I raise

To4

I pay 10$ and we are 4 players in the blow, without revival. Everyone has between 500$ and 1500$, except the player of Small Blind which has an enormous carpet, in the 7000$. Detail which has its importance because a gaining player feels in confidence and is increasingly more active.

A large carpet which is not there to joke…

The Failure: To93

I am the last with speaking and everyone checke until me. I setting 30$ in a pot of 40$.

Small Blind (the large carpet) Pay, the BB passes and last Paye.

Turn: 6

A chart which, apparently, does not change anything. Small Blind put 70$ and the following Pass. With me. I reflect because this setting seems to me curious on behalf of a player who did not attack the Failure and did not start again either.

I conclude that it is about a “Blocking Study Bureau”, a rather traditional operation when one has an average play or a pulling and that one wants at the same time to know “where one is” and to avoid a large revival. I see it either on a pair of Ace with a weak kicker, or with a pulling color in Coeur, the possibility that this 6 in Turn gave him in more one pair or a pulling fifth. Hands like 45, 67 or 78 seem most probable to me. In which case I am rather largely favorite. Considering the context, I do not think that it can have two pairs Have or a brelan.

I must thus start again. I say 240$.

It examines the situation and IT STARTS AGAIN ME A ITS TURN: 440$ in all. My first impression is to say to me that I am C… and that I fell on a large play.

I take my time. I observe it. And finally, I think that it is in semi-bluff. Bus if not, with the many possibilities of pulling, why it would not have done me Tapis when it would less remain me than 500$ behind if I paid his on-revival! Not, definitely, all that does not seem to me to stick with a large play at his place. I remain on my “reading” of the blow and I SAY CARPET!

I am not very proud because, after all, I do not have that a thin pair of Ace with an unimportant kicker, but good, it should sometimes be trusted each other when one thinks well of having analyzed a blow.

I start to be reassured when I see it making a grimace, to hesitate and finally PAY.

To rivet: V

It is with him to show the charts but obviously, it does not want of it. I thus show my pair of Ace and it throws its charts towards the croupier while launching me: “Nice Hand” of a strangled voice, but it is the use with US when a blow was lost. I will thus know never exactly what it had but WOW! I am super content. And in more the other players of the table look at me differently…

I thus more than doubled my carpet on the first blow.