View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: PF Raising Logic

[ QUOTE ]
I think I take a very different approach to PF play than most ppl and I wanted to know y there is so much reason for let's say re-raising AK pf. To me, it seems that when ur raising AQ or AK pf, although it's true that ur def ahead of their range and could say ur raising for value, isn't it also true that the hands ur ahead of (kq,kj,k10,gj,g10,a10,aj,a9s) will fold out and if u get called u prob either have the same hand or a hand like a small pp or sc which isn't likely to play a big pot unless ur crushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I am upset that people will fold and not draw out on me, and I am upset that people will call and draw out on me."

So are we all, dude. But the times you get called by a small pair and flop an A or K, you have won a bigger pot because you made it bigger preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
So, it seems more reasonable to cold call with hands like aq and win big pots when ppl flop an ace with a jack kicker etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the same players willing to pay you off with TP3K are going to call reraises PF a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still unsure about blind defending since I do think there is a lot of value in getting as much in pf and therefore cutting down the post flop edge of position

[/ QUOTE ]

But you think there's no value at all in getting money in to maximise the postflop edge of position?

[ QUOTE ]
but i think u have to balance the fact that a lot of worse hands will fold out into ur considerations. As for re-raising pp, I see 3-betting small pps as essentially the same as 3-betting SCs (deceptive and hoping to flop big hands) and i c big pocket pairs being fine with raising since u r usually gonna get called by worse pocket pairs all day long

[/ QUOTE ]

But the same guys who won't make a big pot when they have a small pair against AK will suddenly make one when you have AA?

Your argument would make more sense if you said that you are sometimes going to lose your c-bet against small pairs, but you didn't say that. And it's not a strong argument, because on most flops, the other guy will fold his small pair.

[ QUOTE ]
along with the profitable possibiltiy of getting it in pf (whereas I try and avoid getting AK and def AQ in pf).
I wanna make sure i'm not saying u should never 3-bet these hands as that is obviously exploitable, just saying that to me, auto-pot mashing against a raise with AQ seems to have some considerable downsides.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of player dependent.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, against loose fishes, its obviously different since they r calling pf very light. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the last sentence was the one you should focus on. What matters is the range of hands you face and what you think the other player will do.