View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: 100NL live: AA in SB

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is that hard of a hand. Raise to at least $80 or $90 and then up that as much as you think he will keep calling with the vast majority of his range. Then bet flop for 2/3 - 3/4 pot and put the rest in on the turn, regardless of what falls. (The only exceptions might be KKx, QQx, JJx boards where you might do better check/calling postflop to induce bluffs.)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably not but I was unsure of what to do exactly. This player is a known LAGtard by most people that play at this cardroom and literally he sat down, cold-called raises blind, and flopped the nuts. Obviously I wasn't so much worried about what he had, but MORE worried that he could have any two cards here and he has position on me. Instead of making a raise to $80-100, I just decided to get rid of him now and I pushed. He folded 99 face up. Board came like J-8-4-5-4. Afterwards, he chided me, saying he would have bluffed off chips postflop, blah blah blah. I basically said he'd been running so ridiculously hot (up $300 in a 2/2 game within an hour) I'd rather just not deal with him. Hopefully I will play it better next time, but I was so concerned about him flopping some random 2-pair and busting me that I just wanted him gone, and maybe he wakes up with KK and decides to call anyway.