View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Razz: When Correct to Play to 3bets on 3rd

1)

I think capping 3 card 5's is fairly standard. The only time I would not do this is if the dead cards are very unfavorable or I wanted to disguise the strength of my hand. What about capping with a 6 up and two wheel cards hidden? Against opponents aggressive on 3rd I think this is a reasonable play.

2)

Why are you folding 2461Badugi? Are you worried it will get jammed on 3rd where you will almost certainly have the worst of it? Your hand is strong and you still have a good amount of equity against wheel cards. With one small bet already bet, you are also now getting good odds with it only being two small bets to you. You are unfortunately never closing the action with your call which means you could have to put in another if it is capped.

A23 37.50%
345 33.87%
257 28.63%

Another spot:

If you were second last to act only to the bring-in and you have 257, another xx7 is behind you and someone w/ xxA attempts to steal and the player behind you raises the complete, do you over call or raise in this spot? Are you ever folding? What about if the player raising has xx6?