View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Ask mrbaseball about trading for a living

[ QUOTE ]
What are your weaknesses / unfixable limitations that they don't have?

[/ QUOTE ]

My biggest weaknesses are my risk aversion (which can also be a strength) and my tendancy to overanalyze situations. I am careful which sometimes leads to being a bit too careful. The leverage in the options and commodities markets can be a double edged sword. It's so insanely easy to get in big trouble you have to stay on your toes. I am sometimes slow to react to new opportunites and this causes me to either miss or get in too late or become too frustrated to pull the trigger. I am constantly working on this. A lot of where I am is also due to the constraints of my responsibilties. But I am perfectly happy with where I am.

I am much more a strategist than tactian. My strength is in looking at things a bit differently and figuring ways to profit from it. The great floor and screen traders are the best tactians. This is why I analyze a lot of non-mainstream trading opportunites. I am always looking for a new way to reinvent the wheel and search out niche trades in areas others aren't looking. Some of my better arbs are in the gray area that are too big for individuals but too small for Goldman and the big boys to bother with.