View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Effectiveness of spread a petition to get Pats v. Giants on TV?

[ QUOTE ]
Are you retarded? I never even thought of villifying them for that. Totally expected although I'm surprised they were able to pull it off like that IF indeed that is what happened.

But they should certainly be villified for being unwilling to compromise on the broadcast.
FOX was trying to strike a last-second deal to air this game that a lot of people are interested in watching but the damn NFL is too concerned with making sure a large percentage of the country doesn't get to see it in hopes that more cable-companies will be inclined to pay the high fees to carry the full network.

The NFL should also be villified for failing to show the game to a large percentage of the country and even a large percentage of the state of Wisconsin.
It's really pathetic what they are doing.

I also have an issue with how they get their name and product on cable-systems such as mine to make a viewer like me think they are going to watch the games. I have the freaking NFL Network on RIGHT NOW but it's not the game. It's something different because all their games are blacked out on my carrier.

FWIW - I don't think the NFL is the only place that is being stupid by hiding their product from the public in hopes they will want to pay more for it.
I would love to be able to get the ESPN360 games that they advertise endlessly but it's only available to select few cable carriers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully agree that your situation is jacked. Having a package where you get the channel but not the games is lame. As far as the rest of it.. shrug.. I think they should do what they can to sell their product. NFL is not like the NHL where they have to spread the game as much as they can. I am ignorant to the exact demographics of Wisconsin, but I suspect that no matter how they did the cut-off their would be complaints.