View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

This looks great. As regards the HUD, I don't know if you noticed the "free HUD release" for Full Tilt a couple of days ago. My reason for mentioning is that in my opinion the guy has it spot on regards many many aspects of that, in the stats offered, how they are offered and how they are calculated.

For example, the idea of doing a stat as following, % of an action given it there was a chance to do so. i.e. No point doing %3-bet as overall hands, rather as a % of the times somebody has alreay raised.

Also the best thing I found about that HUD was the way every action is also split into positional based stats.

Maybe you have talk to the guy, as he seems to have really thought out why people want these stats and how to provide them. It would be great if something can get out into the marketplace that supports (and will do in the future) all the sites and has these kind of positional stats, 3-bet/4-bet stats, float stat etc. PT / PAHUD have been slow to do this, and so a little competition might be exactly what this portion of the online poker software market needs.

Another thing I think is important if you could co-operate with the likes of the creators of SpadeEye and SixthSense, as game selection is all important (especially as the games get harder). If you application doesn't allow game selection tools (as mentioned above) to take your data, I think it will discourage many people who use them from swapping to your product. PT has remained the dominant application, because so many other side products can run off its DB.

If your product is to get serious market share it is going to have to offer what PT and more. I think the PO has remained in the shadows as other than the speed issue (due to being coded in Java) as none of the add-ons that PT has spawned were made PO compatible.