View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 05:26 AM

Default Re: KK in position and deep

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Tx,

This is pretty tough to say without having been there, but my feeling is that you are beat on the flop. I agree with others who would've made it ~250 to go pre-flop, unless you are making these tiny reraises a lot vs. this LAG (which I doubt, since you said you were viewed as weak-tight).

On the flop, would you be leading here with less than AQ or the Ace of spades? Again, if the SB views you as weak tight, and he's raising an amount that the Ace of spades can easily call, I think you are crushed. Very hard to fold here, but you've messed up the hand badly at this point, and it's hard to see where the +EV is going to come from.

If you are not playing very weak-tight, and that's just a general label the SB applies to you, then he obviously could just be trying to run you over, and there's no way you can dump your hand. That's why I say that it's tough to give a good opinion without knowing more specifics of the dynamic.

I will say this, though: if the SB doesn't have a lock-on read of you, physically, then a min-reraise is pretty sexy. You make it 1500 in position, and he really has to consider that you have the nuts, based on your small raise size pre-flop. That is, if he can put you on any AsXs combo after the pre-flop action. If stacks were a little deeper (6K), I'd be pretty willing to try this. Either check behind most turns and then make a read on the river if it's HU, or bet 40% pot on the turn, and possibly fold to a raise. With these stacks, though, you won't be able to feel good about calling or folding to a push, so that's out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude.....you need some serious sleep as well after your vacation,after reading TWO of your other ramblings this morning!