View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop B

[ QUOTE ]

No one min raises and expects you to fold. He very clearly expects a call here, so what does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

You've never raised AJo PF and then folded to a chk/rz on a Q75 board? I am much more often in the postition of the PFR, not the BB caller. I'm not sure I understand his thinking either. If it were me, I'd 2.5 or 3X strassa's raise with a wide range of hands. A smaller raise keeps the pot small so that it is easier to work with on the turn. It also shows considerable strength. It is a bet that says, "I'm fine if you call, but you're not gonna see the turn for cheap." Also, if I am the villian, I'm not going to immediately jump to the conclusion that Strassa has a flush draw. In fact, IF strassa was suited, there is a less than 1 in 4 chance his suit came up. An 8 or a 6? Yeah, I'm a little concerned. But isn't it far more likely Strassa just wiffed with ATo? Little does Strassa know, but I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He only has 3 outs, and 2 cards are going to be real trouble for him. Yeah, I don't mind if he calls this flop raise.

[ QUOTE ]

The hands that make most sense here are fat overpairs, namely KK and AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this really make sense? Villian has chosen not to raise PF with these hands, but instead flat call and hope you bet the flop so he can chk/rz you? An overpair is possible, but isn't 88-JJ far more likely? You bet 140, he raised 160 to 300. When he raised to 300, the pot-o-meter on Stars showed 280. In one way of thinking, he just bet pot. The other way of thinking is that he min-raised you. He didn't though. He didn't click the auto-button raise, he carefully thought out and typed in 300. This isn't a min-raise.