View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 10:27 AM
 is offline

Default Re: EPT Monte Carlo Hand 1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Noah-

I consider myself to be a fairly to quite creative player, but I pretty much always check here, especially this deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see how being deep stacked bears any relevance whatsoever on your decision to check or bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has a lot to do with it, actually. Basically, I need to know whether I'm willing to fire 2nd and 3rd bullets when certain cards come on the turn and river. Given the oppnent described, I don't think I can proftably do that. Knowing this, I need to determine how successful a stone-cold bluff will be on this flop vs these 2 opponents. The deep-stackedness comes into play when I assess how often hands like TP-no-diamond or mid-PPs no diamond peel off against me. When loose-passive players are deep they are way more willing to peel one off than they are with medium stacks where they fear they are making a flop decision that will ultimately lead to their tournament life being on the line. Without the power of me threatening their tournament life, I feel like I lose this pot too often with a single bet on the flop.