View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: possibly important info if you play with twin/h@ll

[ QUOTE ]
I'm saying that if something is explicitly allowed according to a GOOD set of rules, then it is almost always ethically acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are now trying to apply both a subjective and objective standard to what is ethical. By your logic, what these two guys are doing is ethical because they are not violating a "GOOD" set of rules. Then you apply your subjective standard and determine that PS's rules are "GOOD" wihtout any basis. I think the real issue is whether PS's rules are GOOD. I also think that many people have advanced reasons why these rules are not GOOD. Is a set of rules good that does not prohibit such type of collusion? I, and many others, would argue, NO.

I think part of your argument is that because someone agrees to play on a site with such a rule, they are in fact agreeing to this behavior and adopting it as permissible or "ethical". I do not think this is the case. While they might be adopting it as permissible (which is highly debatable), they are surely not adopting it as ethical.

Justin, I don't know you at all except that I normally respect your posts and obviously consider you to be a good player. I just think you are way off base on your definition on ethical in this case.