View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #1 River

[ QUOTE ]
Question not posed to our panel but I think is interesting: If you were the CO, what range of hands would you put our hero on based on how the hand has played out through the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
If it's not too late I really think you should pose this question to them. I have no idea as to what level the CO is thinking on... but our range on the turn has to be kind of small.

Aside: A good 2+2-er that I have talked with before has a theory that when someone's hand range is small for a given situation... the chance that they are bluffing goes way up. It relates to Bayes' Theorem and I don't feel like explaining it right now. And sure enough, it applies here.

Anyway, I think it's hard to put us on exactly KJ... and you would think we would have bet a set on the flop. Does he think that J8 or Q9 are in our range? Firing away and putting our opponent to the test is certainly an option...it is certainly hard for him to call with one pair. I just think we get snapped off a lot more than we would like unless he bet a draw on the turn himself and missed. In which case our ace-high might actually be good.

I reluctantly check and save my chips for battle.