View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 09:34 PM

Default I think I win this week

I do this after seeing Villain limp 22 UTG and call an (admittedly kinda crazy) player's 20xbb shove preflop...not closing the action.

Just a gross gross hand. I don't know what I was thinking making that check-raise and setting up a 1/2-stack pot for the turn when I'm OOP. Well, I guess I do know what I was thinking: I wanted to push out hands like T8 and, if possible, bigger flush draws. I was worried that if I just bet I could end up with a couple calls and not have a good idea of where I was if a third flush card came off.

I'm really not sure what the best line on the flop is actually...
On the turn I think I should've just slowed down...I think there's a good chance I get a free card cos he often has a weak made hand. I don't think bigger flush draws make up a big part of his range at this point, and I don't gain as much now if I can push them out since I'm now beating them.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($74.05)
Hero ($47.70)
BB ($48.55)
UTG ($85.33)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Button calls $6.

Turn: ($19) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero pots, Villain raises all-in, Hero calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: ~$95

Villain wins with 86o, no club.