View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: critique a low limit razz hand

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think so. I think we can assume Seat 5 has some good hole cards, what with the raising the completion. By 5th:

5th Street - (3.90 BB)

Hero: 5 A 3 7 8___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4 Q 8___calls

So what's he calling on? Probably something like 8642, the best Hero can have is a made 87 which Seat 5 can see, so he's drawing to a better hand. So on 6th:

6th Street - (5.90 BB)

Hero: 5 A 3 7 8 2___bets___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 4 Q 8 A___raises___calls

Now Seat 5 has made his hand - Hero sucked out with that 2 making a 7 instead of an 8. And, I presume, won the hand. But I don't think Seat 5 was that far behind on 5th. Hero pairs or picks up a 6 or better on 7th and he's toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did Hero suck out here again? Hero could not be anthing but ahead here. Even if you put villian on A24 hero is 65-35 on 5th street and that came down from 70-30 on 4th street. 6th street would have completely sunk him if you put him on A24. If you give him 234 hero is still 60-40 fav on 5th street. Not exactly what one would call sucking out. Villian actually had either 354 or 654 cannot tell for sure because site suffles hole cards. Giving villian the best possible hand Hero is still a clear favorite. I also think that you are forgetting that Hero has a better made hand as well as the chance to improve as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice when the luck fairy squats on your cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is nice when the luck fairy squats on your cards. However you will have to ask the villian how that feels. As all the luck fairy did on my cards was take a steaming dump.

Showdown
Villian:shows [6c 5c 4d Qc 8h Ac 3c] 6,5,4,3,A

Hero:mucked [Th 5d 3h 7c 8c 2h Ah] - 7,5,3,2,A

remember site shuffles hole cards.