Thread: Bet Folding
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Bet Folding

[ QUOTE ]
I have been using the bet/fold primarily against loose passive players, especially when I'm OOP. I had a great example today. I held QQ in early position. I raised and got two callers, one the BB, who is pretty solid but passive, and one an LP calling station in the CO. The flop came J96, with two hearts, and my QQ is black. BB checks, I bet, CO calls, BB folds. Turn is a 6, bet call. River is the 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, he calls shows me JTo and I start stacking chips.

Now in the past, even in position, I would check/called the 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the river there. I'm just plain scared of it. I end up spending the same bet when he gets there and I end up missing a bet when he has a hand that I beat but won't bet on the end.

You mention above that you have been incorporating the bet/fold more as illustrated in this situation.
1) You would then lean torwards folding if villain raises with position in this situation.
2) What if villain is OOP and check raises you?
3)What if villain calls the turn bet?
a)Do you BET/FOLD the river against a raise?

This may just be my experience but I'm also finding that it gets me loose river action I never would have gotten before. I think it's screwing with the thinking of some of the better players in my game. They are used to seeing the dangerous river and turn cards checked through, and when you bet them, they tend to think you're bluffing. I can almost see the gears turning in their heads:

"Why is he betting that spade? Isn't he afraid he'll get raised? He must not have a hand and think that the only way he can win is to bet. I'm going to make a superstar call with third pair and a busted straight draw."

I cannot believe the calls I have gotten out of some regulars in the past few weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]