View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Simple reason why I do not think taxation = theft

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At best this argument could run that it's not theft from the people who don't think it's theft but it's definitely theft from me. I do not want to pay taxes!

[/ QUOTE ]
But consider this scenario...the majority own the roads and businesses and money, and as a condition of using them, they require you to pay a portion to the collective.

How is this wrong? It seems perfectly valid from a private property perspective. Just because some explicit contract isn't drawn up, doesn't mean there isn't an implicit one.

And you CAN buy a property out in the woods somewhere, and produce or trade what you like, without paying taxes. So the argument seems reasonable to me. You use the collective's resources? Then the owners of those resources require you to pay a lump sum for their use. If you don't use them, or don't benefit sufficiently from them, then you don't have to pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me the individual who owns the public roads and I'll negotiate with him. The idea of implicit contracts is obviously completely bogus. You and I have an implicit contract which says I can take all your money as payment for my time spent talking with you. I should be paid for my time right? You're not a slaver are you? Anyway it doesn't matter because you've already used lots of my time already and you know that people get paid for their time so don't try and feign ignorance. I'll take money on stars if it'll make things easier for you cos I'm a nice guy like that.