View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Mandalay Bay Disappointing

[ QUOTE ]

2. I played in a satellite for the $540 where:
a. The dealer didn't know some of the finer tournament rules.
b. The blinds were 15 min long and 2 levels into it the floorman comes over and says every level from now on will be 7 min. WTF?!
c. At level 4 the dealer cuts his hand and while they go to get a dealer change the clock is running the entire time so after 2 hands we miss the rest of level 4.
d. They change dealers and the deal two hands into level 5 and now decide they want to color up the green and race off the rest while the clock is running. Why didn't they do this in between levels?

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course this is not OK ... but why didn't anyone at the table insist to have the clock stopped?

Again, not saying it's OK to treat your customers like that, but what you describe is no different from what I have experienced through several years at the Harrah's WSOP SnGs ... poorly trained or poorly motivated dealers, sudden changes in structure during the game to serve some unrelated practical purpose, and unwillingness to stop the clock while floor staff attempt to settle disputes or correct problems.

I have learned always to start yelling "Stop the Clock!" as soon a the floor shows up - most often nobody else is going to do it for you.

Again, the floor should deal with these issues, but in the real world I believe you have to learn to stand up for your self [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: This is exactly why I have no issue with the introduction of PokerTek tables for SnGs.