View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Silly $6/12 stud/8 hand

This is from a live $6/12 stud/8 game the other day at Canterbury Park. One dollar ante in this game. My opponents for this hand are DL, a very loose, very passive gentleman in his 70s, and SW, who might be almost as much of a nit as I am. SW is very tight. I may have something screwed up here, but I think the basic gist is correct. A low card brings it in, DL calls with a small heart showing, I limp with (Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (one diamond is gone) because, what the hell, it's $2, another 2+2er named Andy folds, and SW makes it $6 with a Seven in the door. Everybody folds back to DL. He and I call. Three to the flop.

On fourth, SW catches an Ace and bets. DL catches another small heart and calls. I catch the 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and call. Fifth street comes down a bit like this:

SW (xx xx) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]__bets__calls
DL (xx xx) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]__calls__calls
<font color="green">Andy B</font> (Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]__raises

DL's board is more than a little scary, but he doesn't have a made hand yet. With a flush or a low, he'd raise. My flush is currently best, and who knows, I might make a low. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sixth street action:

SW (xx xx) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]__checks__calls
DL (xx xx) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]__checks__calls
<font color="green">Andy B</font> (Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]__bets

Gotta have a Ten to win in this game. DL does not have a heart in the hole. Obviously, he's drawing live.

On the river, I somehow snag the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SW checks, DL bets out, and I raise....