View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: General question: Overpair on a drawy board

snitch, this is my understanding of the situation:

-we're not repping anything here so its easy for villains to make moves on us
-if villain is unwilling to make a move on us then he was likely to fold to the cont bet anyway
-if villain was going to flat call a cont bet then we'll likely still get that call on the turn.
-if villain is going to make a move on us then we'd much prefer it be a bet and a situation that we can showdown against.

I'm not arguing against cont betting low uncoordinated boards. I'm arguing against cont betting medium coordinated ones when the stacks are deep enough that we can be forced to lay a made hand down.

If we never cont bet there except for the times that we have extra equity or a draw then it will still be very difficult for a villain to exploit it. It also won't really lower our cont bet percentage much because those type of flops only occur so often.

He'd essentially have to forgoe semibluffs in favor of valuebets that have to stay small or else they don't get paid off. Either that or he'd have to start bluffing out of tempo which is exploitable and dangerous. In the end its cheaper for villain to just not exploit this specific tendancy and look for other edges.