View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Re: River bluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would prefer a turn c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the opponent knows that they're both from 2+2, wouldn't this look like a draw to BB? And that's exactly what Kit has...

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I think it would look like "3 different sets +67s, A6s, A7, or A3s for 2 pair, and with the turn being a seven we can also represent a turned straight with 45s" as I said above

Additionally we can represent ATs, A9s, AJo, and some other top pair hands we wouldn't necessarily 3 bet with.

I will play my strongish hands like this, even though they don't really do well when a lot of money goes in. The reason is that they have a lot of value in balancing my bluffs against good players, and of exploiting the bajeezus out of calling stations.
Against merely decent players, I wouldn't go so fast with made hands against them, b/c I don't want them folding their JJ, QQ, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I had the thread open from when James responded but before you did--shoulda refreshed before reply.

Anyway, that seems like a really wide range to me--I know I would fold 67s, A6s, A7, or A3s preflop against a raiser and cold caller. Am I missing value here?

But I could see A9-AJ played this way, although I'm just not sure a TAG villain who knows Kit would B/F here.