Thread: I'm new to...
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: I\'m new to...

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for stomping on Red Stine's (insert adverse adjectives of choice) advice.

The good news is that Luxor gets you the low buy in NL you need. People argue that it isn't "real" NL because the stack sizes impacts how people play. It does and that also means the books you read about NL will not completely prepare you for that game.

However, Small Stakes Hold'em (SSHE) was written for the 1-3 spread game at the Excal and the 2-4 to 4-8 games from Mandalay Bay to MGM. That book directly and immediately applies to the game in front of you. This is why I say, start there, and if you up your bankroll by winning at those games, then start taking shots with other people's $ at Luxor 50.

The good news is at either game, you will be up against at least a few players who believe in the Red Stine school of learning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prior to Small Stakes Hold'em, she really should read Getting Started in Hold'em... its for absolute beginners like her and also is a mix between limit and NL so she can decide what she likes best.