View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: 100K hands in a month possible?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah seriously, work a real job for sh*t wage and online poker starts looking a lot better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make real money at a real job or business where you work less and make a crapload more and your perspective changes. It is all about perspective.

[ QUOTE ]

i mean, its still mindless and retarded for the volume unless you're [censored] redargoe, but its 6 figures compared to the crap wages of other jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that. If you are stick making 15k-30k a year and you can make 100k a year grinding on poker 15 hours a day, I say go for it. I also say SAVE every freaking penny and learn other ways to make money. I have said these numerous times but there are a lot easier ways to make money than playing poker. Making money playing poker may provide the means to find those better ways for some people.

I think it is a low-targetted goal to even want to be the top money earning poker player in the world. Where would they rank, based on poker earnings, among the richest people in the US or the World? They would not even register on the list.

I think the smart player is going to use poker as a means to an end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, the bolded part is a gold comment, but the rest is sort of bad. There's no job on Earth where I could make the money I'm making now working less hours.

I will concede that there are a ton of disillusioned people with poor bankroll management that are trying to make it in poker. The game wouldn't be profitable without them. Everyone seems to think they are poker gods while few actually make a living.

I totally agree that if you aren't using poker as an ends to a means, you are settling.