View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 09:34 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Live (Borgata) against LAG

[ QUOTE ]
So while I agree that JTs "should be" folded, this was just a case of mixing it up.
. . .
I also don't understand why you think having this opponent behind me is the determining factor of what hands I should fold. There are 10 people at the table. I'm not putting all of my focus on one guy who is sitting several seats away.

Furthermore, as you pointed out already, his hand range is very wide here considering his LAG tendencies, and the fact that he thinks I have an overpair. This makes playign JTs against him MORE attractive, not less attractive. For example, take this specific hand. He is not going to think a T or a J is going to help my hand (unless the T counterfeits his two pair). He also does not think I am likely to be on a flush draw. And we are just talking about this specific hand. I would rather have JTs against this player than against a player who is likely to have a set when he gives me heavy action.

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO all of this is true when you have position on him. But when he has position on you, JTs has reverse implied odds written all over it.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is possible for you to say raising with JTs was "wrong" here, because it was a change of pace. I had not really played any hands in a while, and almost always fold JTs there.

[/ QUOTE ]
fair
[ QUOTE ]

I know you understand this last point (because I read your post), and that you think the chance is not large enough to justify a call. I can understand why you feel this way, but I don't really agree with any other part of your post (except where you are reiterating what I already said).

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Everything in your OP that I repeated seems to point to an obvious fold.