View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: NLTRN 33 - monochrome board

I'd actually call one time, i.e. see the turn. Yes, he may very well have you beat. But odds are against him having the flush. You have TPTK HU, and are getting 4.5:1 odds to make this call. He may have 2 pair or a set, but he could also easily have TP lower kicker.

More than likely he probably has the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], with a piece of the flop or some other high [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] i.e. A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5. He could have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J, in which case he's free rolling to the flush against you. He could have a set, but he could also easily have KJ, or QJ here as well.

Also, bad players love betting TP HU no matter what the kicker. You may see trash like J4, J8, Jx you name it. He just may be trying to define his hand, and is min-raising so he can get away from it if you shove.

Anyway, I say make the call based on the 4.5:1 odds, and re-evaluate on the turn. If you were the BB, I'd probably fold here, but you have position on him. Call and see what falls on the turn, and see what he does.