View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Define Intelligence.

[ QUOTE ]
Obvioulsy everyone defines this term their own way (usually how it fits them), but I do think we focus too much on just IQ or "book smarts". I think a truly intelligent person would excel at those and aslo be gifted in mnay areas using "common sense" or "emotional intelligence". All are valid definitions, but i think the "intelligence" i admire would be the type to use all these areas.

Ive always believed one of the greatest signs of intelligence is the ability to be objective, though of course If I think im objective may not be being objective...

I think too many times "super-intelligent" people are unable to see their own flaws. just another generalization.

[/ QUOTE ]

well this is because super-intelligent people often have to live outside society, have to fight through a lot of people telling them their strengths are flaws to get where they are. i'll use the example i often use with Einstein, who spent years unable to find an academic career because he was too stuborn and defied convention. had he given into these he would never have made the revolutionary leaps he did