View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (10/8 - Mega Match)

Wow, Allen is the friggin' man. I really enjoyed watching PAD this week. All of the banter, the play, and the raised buy in made it more entertaining for me. There was also some nice drama as far as I could see. At first it looked like Phil was getting the best of Allen, then Allen switched it around and it made for a nice spectacle. Sure, he was getting good cards but also showed that timing is just about everything. My level of respect for Allen's play was already very high, but it has since grown from watching this most recent show. I can definitely see why he has done so well in hold'em tournaments over the past few years, his gear shifting was precise, fearless, and intelligent--even up against Phil freaking Ivey, hehe.

More to what is being spoken of here, I personally didn't see a big problem with how Barry was treating everyone. Usually being the quiet guy in a group myself, I think I can kinda relate to Allen. Allen just kinda hangs back, doesn't want to get trapped in any huge conversation or banter, makes a comment or two when the time is right, and carries out his business. When it was down to only a few people, you could hear him nicely, but jumping in the middle of four or five people chattering doesn't seem like his thing, nor would it be mine. Even with all of that he still got some compliments and joking, but not being on the same level of friendship as say Phil and Barry, he couldn't have expected a whole lot. Barry and Phil were hands-down the closest friends there, no one else should have expected a ton of attention from them, that's just something they'd have to get over I'd think.