View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (10/8 - Mega Match)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am friends with all of the other players, but Phil and I are closer so it's normal for us to needle each other. I thought people would appreciate seeing this side of Phil, so I intentionally engaged him.

All of us like Allen and he does occasionally play in the side games with us, but he is not the kind of person I would needle on national television. (And Melissa would track me down!)

I don't think I ignored anyone, but, remember, this is edited and they probably wanted to get as much Ivey banter as they could get.

If I were to apologize to the viewers, it would be for too much prop talk. I assumed most of that would have been edited out.

This was filmed when the golf disagreement was in its most intense phase, otherwise we wouldn't have kept bringing that up.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

TV poker talk isn't all-needle all the time. Seems like you could talk to Allen without necessarily needling him. There are subtle social things that go on in public places. So you're friendly with Allen, but not friendly enough to talk to him, look at him, or acknowledge his existence?

Cunningham is as big a mystery as Ivey is. You're closer to Ivey, so you talked more to him, no problem. You were also showing that you're as much of an alpha dog as Ivey is by dominating the conversation and holding his attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with a previous poster. Can't you guys watch these shows and not constantly criticze everyone on the show? This was a good week of PAD.