View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

[ QUOTE ]
On the Erickson front, he's close to being my most hated coach. Actually, he probably does edge out Neuhisel.

Before he came to OSU I didn't really care much about them. The Civil War was a huge game and there was rivalry in that but when we weren't playing them I cheered for them to win. I distinctly remember people cheering in Autzen stadium when they were winning and it went up on the scoreboard. Since his second year there I've cheered for them to lose except when they play Washington or a team that Oregon would like to lose for a conference race or something.

Of course they were winning then and the couple years after he left, but it's more than that. They had the standard team of criminals that Erickson has had everywhere (actually I just read on wikipedia that he was the coach at wazzu in the 80s, you know anything about that dids?) and the arrogance surrounding the program was amazing given that they hadn't even been to a bowl game in a long time. Admittedly Oregon fans aren't great either, I actually think most duck fans are terrible, but the way their team and fans acted during that stretch has caused me to now dislike them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love Erickson. But yeah, he does tend to get the criminals/A-Holes on his team. However, he doesn't have the reputation as having dirty players. Just jerks.

He's like what Buddy Ryan was to NFL defense, he's to coaching college FB. 'course, lots of people don't like Buddy Ryan, either.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Fiesta bowl against ND. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It was worth seeing the 180+ yards in penalties.

I'm also guessing Erickson being at WSU is well before Dids time.

b